Placing items correctly inside your truck will make the ride smoother and unloading a whole lot easier. Here are a few suggestions.
- Always load the heaviest items first; this will help keep the truck stable on the road. It’s a good idea to store items you’ll use most at the front of the
unit where you can get them easily. And make sure to rent the right sized truck for your journey. Check out our truck rental center for your rental needs.
- Load the truck a quarter at a time, packing it tightly from the floor to ceiling. Secure each quarter with rope tied to the tie-down rings
- Place bureaus, large china cabinets, sofas, refrigerators, and other heavy appliances against the front wall of the truck. Use protective covers on sofas and
mattresses. Then load chairs, tables, bookcases and light items towards the back.
- Stand large, flat items like mirrors, mattresses, box springs and tabletops upright against the truck walls and tie them securely .
- Wrap mirrors and pictures with protective pads or use a special mirror carton and store them on end. Make sure to have all of the right packing materials in advance.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of bigger, heavier ones.
- Carry valuable papers and items with you so they are not lost or damaged.